Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Routine and Regimen, How To Get Started?

To achieve results for anything focus and consistency is key.  I tell my clients all the time that results don't happen overnight.  It takes weeks to notice and change and months for others to notice a change, however that is no reason to get discouraged or quit.  Each day that we put in effort we are one step closer to our goal.

4.5 Year Difference 
For competitors, like myself, it took me 4.5 years to begin to see a solid development in my physique.  Yes, you read that right, 4.5 years! I will say that everyday is definitely not easy but each day, knowing it pushed me closer to that IFBB stage it is totally worth it.  The body reacts best through consistency and routine, keeping things simple and regimented allows the body to adapt much more quickly to the nutrition and exercises that you are putting it through.

For individuals just starting out I always suggest start by tracking your food intake, download a calorie and macro tracking app such as My Fitness Pal.  This helps you become more aware of what you are eating throughout the day compared to your exercise output.  Another thing I always suggest is if you haven't already, get up and get moving.  For those who haven't engage in a type of cardiovascular activity yet, Challenge yourself to move 10 minutes a day, 3-4 times a week.  As you begin to progress increase your cardio time.  The excuse, "I do not have time" is not valid.  Like every other human on earth we all have obligations and commitments, in order to want to change you have to make yourself change, you have to find the time and make yourself commit.  As I stated previously, it will not be easy by any means, but it will be worth it.

I also tell people who are contemplating the idea of change is to first commit to a gym and a nutrition coach.  Utilizing both of these resources, not only will help you create change but you are paying for your progress, this means that in order to get results you have to follow directions by a professional individual who will ensure you get to the goal you want to be at.  This is definitely a gray area for some, as coaches and gyms can get expensive however, I can promise you this.  If you are unhappy with your body and results and you still need direction it is time to seriously start thinking about stepping up your commitment level and hire a professional, most also offer payment plans which helps out tremendously. 

Many of my female clients struggle  with their protein intake.  To fill in protein gaps and get the adequate amounts I always suggest to my clients to try a powder protein, I recommend Whey Isolate, as it is typically lower in carbohydrates and fats.  I recommend Titan Nutrition Whey Isolate, they have a variety of flavors at affordable prices.  If you are looking for additional supplement suggestions, feel free to browse the Titan Nutrition website, as they offer a variety of supplements for all your fitness goals.  Reach out to me with any questions you have, I would be happy to point you out some suggestions. 

Starting any new fitness program or lifestyle change can be scary and exciting.  Before any program is initiated I strongly suggest that a full physical and check-up is done with your medical doctor.  Get blood work done as well, this will show you any nutritional gaps, medical issues/concerns, as well as your BMI, current weight, etc that is crucial to know before starting any program. 

Good Luck!!




No comments:

Post a Comment