Sunday, December 10, 2017

You Wouldn't Look So Bad If You Cut Off Your Arms

So I'm  sitting here on Sunday night with my family feeling blessed to have so many amazing opportunities up and coming in my life and I happen to see a fresh comment on a social media platform bashing me, my physique and telling me that I look like a man. They also went on to state that I wouldn't look so bad if my arms were cut off but my face still looked like a chipmunk.



Now imagine for a moment that you are in my situation. Imagine all your insecurities are surfaced fro m one social comment and from that one comment every good mood and mindset has just been ruined. That is what happened to me. My mindset and mentality just got crushed.

I think I mentioned before how as a female who packs on a large amount of muscle, I already am self conscious at times about my size and manliness qualities. However as it takes me months to learn to love and accept myself. One moment ruins all the progress. I'm not writing this as a pity party and to shower me with compliments.

I'm writing to make myself accountable. Yes I publicly post photos of myself on social media and yes it does allow anyone on the internet to comment their opinion. It's a comment, as much as it pains me to read from a stranger who knows nothing of my struggles they are entitled to their own words and opinions.

This sport as I have said before and I will say it again has allowed me to recognize how social media and society determines beauty standard and it's absolute bullshit.
I love being different. We each are and as much as one person can bring me down, I'll get back up- Keeping kicking ass and doing my shit.

Thanks for reading my venting blog xo

Shannon

10 comments:

  1. I think your arms look fantastic. Forget the random person that has nothing better to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your arms! You're incredibly attractive. Who cares what some think. Email me anytime aaronbthompson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing. One one-hundredth of one percent of the female population can look as great as you do!!! Let no human rob you of the pride that is rightfully yours!

    - a fan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tell the haters to STFU. You look fine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you forever. You will always be my number 1! Love you sososo much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful inside and out, and have an amazing fiance. You deserve all the happiness in your life and don't let one idiot on social media determine who you are. Love you and support you in all your life journeys. Keep up the good work and conquer all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. late to the party, i am.

    if any guy ever accuses you of looking like a man again, advise him that if he'd eat clean and lift heavy, he could look like a man, too.

    attack where your opponent is weakest, Shannon... and any guy who criticizes your muscularity is insecure in his own masculinity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a beautiful woman with really big muscle - so you are outstanding - some people like you, because of the muscle, some hate you because of the muscle, the people that like you because of yourself are the important! I am curious about you - how you are and what you do!!! see me at facebook.com/willemer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep up the great work, Shannon. I think you look awesome. I'm a big fan of female bodybuilding and you are a beautiful muscle woman. Keep lifting heavy!!! -- Bill from Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon, I believe you are among a particular breed of superior woman that maintains qualities of both muscularity and elegance/grace. That's an extremely rare quality and it should be celebrated. Don't let one singular put-down keep you from acknowledging the massive amount of positive attention you have received through achieving what very few can also attest to. You got it, so flaunt it!

    ReplyDelete