Tuesday, September 12, 2017

September 2017:

I'm back!

I know it has been some time since I have been on and many changes have come and went through my life.  However, what has not changed is my passion for bodybuilding.  My consistent training and dedication to the sport as well as how adaptive my lifestyle has become with helping me achieve my dreams.

So what is new with me?! Well for the past year I was living in Kansas.  After graduating college and finishing my year out with Junior Nationals and then the Nicole Wilkins Championships.  I decided to get some space from my previous life obstacles and moved down to Kansas.  Of course, I should tell you there also is a man involved in this ordeal as well :) My soon to be husband.  That's right I also got engaged while I was away. He was stationed in Fort Riley, KS so I moved down to be with him as he went through transition leave.

In Kansas, I continued training religiously and actually found the most amazing gym called The Foundation.  Location in Manhattan, KS.  (Seriously if you guys are ever in the area stop in and check out the place, ask for Matt, Alexis or Josh and tell them I sent you) - You will NOT be disappointed.  It was definitely an eye opener to see so many different training techniques under one roof.  While I was down there I was also prepping for the 2017 Junior National bodybuilding show, however, I got diagnosed with hyperthyroidism soon after prep began and quickly my body shut down.  I lost over 40 pounds in 2 weeks, my muscle was gone and I had to battle overcoming my illness and putting back on my muscle.  It was a devastating let down to have to drop out of that show.

Mentally and Physically I was a mess, however, my fiance was by my side and still continues to support my on my road to recovery as I put the weight back on and continue chasing my dreams.
Fast-Forward 5 months, here I am today.

I am prepping again for 2 local Michigan shows.  My coach and I have decided to take things a bit easier for this year to make sure that my body is healthy enough to endure the prep.  So far it has been very adaptive and I currently am sitting at 5.5 weeks out and 7.5 weeks out.  

I will be in touch soon with much more detail about my life but wanted to keep you guys updated with my current situation.  Be in touch soon.

Do the Necessary to Achieve the Dream.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment