Monday, February 1, 2016

It happens when you are at your weakest, the point of time when you feel your muscles fatigue and your mind weaken.  It can happen and any moment.  For me. its when I lose focus for a moment, the minute I let my mind wander.  For a brief second my mind slips into a different thought and my muscles begin to tighten, my mind collapses with fatigue and for a few minutes I struggle to regain that mindset.  
 
The daily struggle of focusing at the gym.  It comes at a cost.  It comes with a sacrifice.  For those 2-3 hours that I move the iron, are the 2-3 most grueling, intense and amazing hours of my day.  The stress of the day seems to wash away, the intensity that I bring upon myself.  Sometimes I watch in fascination at my muscle contractions slowly move as the weight goes up and down.  

Sometimes I am intrigued by how much muscle I have placed onto my body.  A mere 3 years ago I was struggling to comprehend how I could manage the life of a bodybuilder, and now its a life that I could never give up. 

Sometimes a mere reflection of my journey allows me to understand the capability that I have as a human being in this world.  The mindset to push through the pain and the fatigue, the focus to do 15-20 week cutting diets and the drive to not let anyone stop me.  

It is that moment in the mirror that my true reflection comes out, the hungry mindset, the willingness to never settle and the desire to continue building my legacy.  It comes at a cost, it comes with pain, sacrifice and it comes with self-discovery.

All I can say is that when you find that niche, that special skill, hobby or talent that you are born to do, something inside just clicks.  When I came into my lifestyle of bodybuilding I realized that it was my niche.  It was what I was born to do and the longer I continue at it, the more my life begins to revolve more and more around it. The more I understand why I was made to have the body I do and the inspiration I was made to leave behind. 

It doesn't always happen the way it does for me, but I hope everyone finds that special niche and uses it to empower and inspire those around you.  



1 comment:

  1. Wow Shannon you are really dedicated and it shows. The work you have done is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete