Wednesday, September 16, 2020

What the Fu$# is up with Fit- Shaming lately? - Oh and my post pregnancy diet is in here for you too




Fat-Shaming 

noun
  1. the action or practice of humiliating someone judged to be fat or overweight by making mocking or critical comments about their size.
    "the star endured fat shaming and cyberbullying for the weight she gained while pregnant"
adjective
  1. expressing mockery or criticism about someone judged to be fat or overweight.
    "she refuses to resort to extreme dieting because of fat-shaming bullies"



Fit- Shaming:  

Claiming that people who are active, healthy and God forbid have the slightest care about their physical appearance are terrible, shallow people. This makes it more acceptable to eat cake all day and never see the light of day or walk anywhere. This practice of shaming was made up by the larger members of society who have less self esteem and try to make it look out of the norm to be fit and healthy. This kind of practice makes it seem more normal for someone to be on a scooter at age 30 with no joint problems compared to someone who regular goes to the gym.
Kelly: You eat too healthy and are way to active! Your so shallow!

Pete: No, your just fit shaming me so you feel better about your body...


We live in a world where our confidence is smashed before we graduate high school.  We question our life decisions, how we dress, our career choices and even who we marry in order to fit in with society.  

Happiness is scarce and the world (in my opinion) is becoming a cold and uniform place that makes individuals feel like they always need more than what they have.  Competition and comparisons take place daily in this world and the more individuals compare themselves to each other the worse they feel.  I do it, you do it.  If you say you don't, I call bullshit.  Its human nature to compare each other.  In fact as I stated in my previous blog, I spend thousands of dollars a year prepping and competing in shows that in the end, is just a comparison of the next individual.  However, as comparing is human nature, the real question is, "What do we gain by comparing"? "What do we gain by putting others down"?

I have been blatantly open about my constant struggle with fitting into a society that seems to deem females with muscles - freaks, gross,etc. Now being a mom I witness an entirely new culture of mom shaming and what is the right way to be a perfect Mom.

 After giving birth to my daughter,  who is now almost 16 months old today (my goodness!), the wrath of hatred began again. I was told I took steroids to get back into shape quickly,  I was selfish to care about myself more than my daughter and I didnt know how to just let your body go back to how it was in 1 year and to take my time and "relax".

1 month post vs 1 year post



 Honestly the truth of how I got back into shape so quickly is I fucking wanted it. I wanted to prove that even Mom's can get back into shape , you have to prioritize yourself first. Here is my thoughts on being a bit selfish.  In order to be a good mom, a good wife, a good friend, you have to find happiness and contentment with yourself first.   So for everyone who thinks its not possible, it 100% is.  That may mean waking up early to get a workout in or hitting your workout after work when you really just want to go home and have a glass of wine.  Trust me though, the better you feel about yourself the more you radiate that energy out towards other people (unless you just enjoy being a bitch, then I guess that is on you).  I enjoy being fit, I enjoy keeping my body muscular, in fact many of you probably don't know this but its my FUCKING JOB.  Being a fitness model and social media influencer for fitness you have to stay in shape, you cant sell if you don't look the part - that comes with every job. 



This was my post pregnancy diet/routine that I followed everyday


WAKE UP
60 mins of fasted cardio 

Meal 1
6 egg whites with mixed vegetables and 2 whole eggs 
OR 
1 scoop of whey isolate with 1 tbsp. of natural peanut butter

Meal 2
1 scoop of whey isolate with 1 tbsp. of natural peanut butter

Meal 3
5oz chicken and 1/2c of rice or 2 slices of ezkiel bread
sometimes I would have spinach with walden farms 0 cal dressing too

Meal 4
1 scoop of whey isolate with 1 tbsp. of natural peanut butter

Meal 5
5 oz salmon or fatty meat source 
1/2c of rice
side salad with walden farms 0 cal dressings

***IF I was still hungry I would have a quest protein bar, powercrunch bar or carrots and peanut butter***


SUPPLEMENTS for post pregnancy
- ENLITE from TITAN NUTRITION - weight loss aid and appetite suppressant 
- WHEY ISOLATE PROTEIN from TITAN NUTRITION
- Primorose evening oil 1300mg 2x daily 
- Fish Oil 1000mg 2x daily
- TITAN NUTRITION MULTI VITAMIN 1x daily

ALL of my readers can get a 20% discount from any of the Titan Nutrition Products by clicking here and using discount code SHANNON at checkout. 

I did this consistently directly after my daughters birth , I also allowed myself 1-2 cheat meals a week depending on my progress.   Remember this...1 bad day will not ruin your body, just like 1 good day of eating wont make you slimmer or healthier.  Consistency, day in and day out, patience as well as a little positivity can go a long way.  

You have to be selfish and spend time by yourself to rediscover yourself and take time to de-stress.  This entire covid-19 shit has made 2020 a shit show for the bodybuilding world of competing.  My show(s)  were postponed a total of 6 times.  The prep was long, brutal and hard.  9 months of dieting was extremely hard on my body.  I placed 2nd at my National Qualifier and 3rd at my national show. 
3rd place
2nd place


Although I am disappointed I am very happy that I was able to get on stage this year, however I definitely am enjoying my downtime    I just recently went back to work as a personal trainer after being off for 6 months.  That was a blessing to allow myself to spend more time with my husband and daughter, we bought our dream home and now are just having fun making our house into our forever home. 






4 comments:

  1. Damnit! I like cake... But I dislike being a fatf#ck even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read. Well done lady! Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I've been shamed fory attractions to women like yourself.... đŸ™ˆ

    ReplyDelete